- Exhibition Dates: October 7, 2022 – October 21, 2022
- Location: Marshall Arts Gallery, Memphis, Tennessee
- Submission Deadline: Monday, September 19, 2022
Art Drop-Off: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm. Mon, Oct 3, 2022
Art Pick-Up Dates: 8:00 pm, Fri, Oct 21, 2022
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Sat, Oct 22, 2022
ABOUT THE EXHIBIT:
CHOICE is a group exhibition that demonstrates solidarity among artists who are women, people with uteruses, and those who support them in the face of threats to individual and reproductive rights. The exhibit also serves as a fundraiser with 50% of all art sales being donated directly to Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi.
NASTY WOMEN MEMPHIS is the Memphis, Tennessee representative and exhibit of Nasty Women Global Art Exhibitions and Activism. More than 80 exhibits have followed globally, but the original took place in Queens, NYC, after the 2016 election.
This exhibition is organized and curated by NASTY WOMEN Memphis, sponsored by Crosstown Arts, and hosted by Marshall Arts.
Please submit your work by Monday, September 19, 2022
THIS EXHIBITION IS A FUNDRAISER:
The works in this exhibition will be available for sale – 50% of the sale will go to Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi. The other 50% will be paid to the artist.
Artists may choose to allot more than 50% from the sale of their art, up to 100%. Please indicate such intent in your submission or at the time of acceptance.
There is no fee to participate in the show, but we require all pieces to be for sale.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- High-resolution images of your submission
- Contact Info (name, phone number, and preferred email address)
- Details of Work (title, date, size, media, and price)
- A short statement about the work submitted or a more general statement about why you are participating.
- Artist bio
- If you would like to donate more than 50%, let us know the percentage.
- Please write the word “ANONYMOUS” at the top of your email, if you wish to remain so. Even anonymous submissions must contain contact details (Information will not be made public. It will only be used to contact you about exhibition details).
Each artist may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration.
We accept all visual art forms, including but not limited to: paintings, drawings, photography, videography, sculpture, fiber arts, etc.
All art is welcome, but priority will be given to works created in reaction to the theme.
All submitting artists will be contacted by the NASTY WOMEN Memphis curatorial team through the information they provide with the status of their submission and details about when and where they should deliver their accepted pieces.
By submitting work to the exhibit, artists give Nasty Women Memphis, Crosstown Arts, and Marshall Arts permission to use images of their work for promotional purposes.
Make your voices be heard through the creation of powerful, relevant, and well-planned art!
- Facebook: Nasty Women Exhibit Memphis
- Twitter: @NastyWomenMEM
- Instagram: @NastyWomenMemphis
- Website: NastyWomenMemphis.com